A note from Lynn Markiewicz, Aston OD
Our work is built around a strong belief that effective team working is key to the delivery of high quality and compassionate health and social care. With my co-founder Michael West and our small team, we work across the NHS and with others who recognise the positive impact of high performing teams on patient and organisational outcomes.
Why focus on teams? Through their research, Michael and his colleagues have developed clear evidence that team working and inter-team working are absolutely critical to the delivery of many important healthcare outcomes. In fact, staff engagement is the best overall predictor of trust outcomes such as care quality, financial performance, patient mortality (in the acute sector), patient satisfaction and staff absenteeism.
Our aim is to help organisations to build good team and inter-team working. Our research-based tools are widely used by Service Improvement, OD and Learning Development practitioners who want to assess, develop and monitor the performance of teams but struggle with limited resources and constant change.
We help them to build an in-house capacity to develop effective team working across their organisations using tools developed from relevant and robust research backed up by a cost-effective model of training, delivery and support.
I hope we can help you too.
- Team Based Working in NHS Scotland: How Health Boards are building effective teams – in their own words
- Michael West: What can you achieve through better team working in your organisation?
- Scottish Water Case Study: How the ATPI helped a newly-formed executive team
- Individual Team Development Service: For newly-formed, under-performing or conflicted teams
- Which team tool do I need?